Tuesday, June 25, 2013

RIP Lastco.

After well over 5 years of being a part of LastCo, and hundreds and hundreds of hours spent ingame, I feel it's fitting to say goodbye. I have quite a bit to say on the matter, and nobody will probably read anyways but I just want to say it. After all I have a right to for all I've done for this server.


 I'll never forget my time in LastCo and how much fun I had with everyone. Through a dark period of my life I at least had somewhere where I could just relax and be myself. I would say I owe a lot to this server, but in all honesty, it owes a lot more to all of us. We all loved the way LastCo was at the beginning, we didn't have any problems with the direction the server was going in, Angelics were a blessing for most. PvP was mostly balanced and unique, you can cry and moan about the power players all you like, but I'll be damned if you couldn't find people to fight at your "tier" of play. We had an interesting way of balancing out the server, and guilds facilitated that. Everything worked pretty well. Power players balanced each other out, and even then they weren't too heavily imbalanced. Most only having 5-10 rbs. SMALL was an exception, however he was so ass at the game that even a full +16 could kill him easily. I would say around the release of angelics the server was at its peak, and the stats would probably back me up on that one. But it was after then that each adjustment just fucked the server over slightly. The way you recruited staff was awful, I don't know what went through your mind when you came up with the idea of donating for GM status (although I have a feeling it had something to do with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$). Aside from your greed, the way rules were punished was god awful. You stopped being the owner of the server we needed and just decided to let shit slide. Of course, you only let shit slide for the "donating class" of Lastco. At one point in time it was so bad that you banned people based on "evidence" and forced them to pay to get unbanned.

For Seth.
You allowed a select few players to bot and cheat their way through the game, just because they paid you well. I can't believe how you just became a bitch and let them shove a stick up your ass and control you like the puppet you were. Seth, you're a grade A scumbag, it might shock you to hear that from me, but I'd hope you will read this sometime. Because you really are, you're a piece of shit and your player base deserved way better than you. Enjoy the fat stack of cash you raked in, you're still a greedy bastard and I doubt you feel any remorse for the people you took advantage of. Most of you won't understand this part, it's very personal and concealed, I might come out as an ass, but unless you know the entirety of it just hold off your judgement because it's really a lot worse than you know (as well as it's none of your business). Aside from all that, you did create this community in the first place so you deserve that much credit. If you ever decide to open another server maybe you should listen to your player base, LastCo lasted a long time, but it really could still be there. 

Regardless of all that, let us remember the good times and friends we made on LastCo. It means a great deal to some, and to others, not much at all. Whatever the case, I wish you the best in your lives, as we all move on sometime in life. Goodbye LCO. You will be missed. 


On a side note, some of us have moved to League Of Legends, If you play aswell feel free to add me in the NA region. My IGN is: nRive . Include your name from lastco in your friend request.
I don't care how bad/good you are, we will still play with you anyways.

                                                                    -Daisuke

4 comments:

  1. was looking to see if lastco was around still, jumped out of my chair when i seen that pic with us lined up i def miss playing pvp was were it was at. -merlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if you know me. Im Bilbowe and definitely came a little later in the game. Surprised that it even lasted till 2013. The nostalgia of this server is real though..truly enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it was a great time, somehow helped me mature and grow up quite a bit in my teen years. Stomach churns when I think of the nostalgia. - Daisuke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rip lastco still missed to this day. Daisuke thank you for keeping this blog alive -merlin the weakest GM- also second owner of -Chuck Norris-

    ReplyDelete